We are so excited to announce that we will be reopening to routine care on June 5th!
The Premier and Chief Medical Officer of Nova Scotia announced on May 27 that self-regulated health professions, such as Optometry, can resume routine health care with safety protocols in place.
We have been carefully planning our reopening over the last few weeks and have developed protocols that we feel work best for our office and keep everyone safe.
Things may look a little different but our commitment to exemplary care and customer service remains.
We would like to share the details of our preparation and modifications below and look forward to seeing you soon!
- Appointment booking for exams and urgent care
- New office hours (updated)
- When you arrive
- Changes to our office environment
- During your eye exam
- Eyeglass fittings, adjustments and repairs
- Ordering contact lenses and other products
APPOINTMENT BOOKING FOR EXAMS AND URGENT CARE
Routine eye exams and urgent assessments will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
If your appointment had to be rescheduled during our closure, we will be reaching out to you to rebook over the next few weeks.
If you wish to schedule an appointment, please call our office at 902-422-4444.
We have adjusted our office hours and exam timing to facilitate 2 metre (6 foot) physical distancing and to allow ample time for disinfection between patients.
NEW OFFICE HOURS (UPDATED)
Our new office hours are:
Monday to Thursday 8am-7pm
Saturday 9am-2pm, except June 6th, holidays or long weekends.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please arrive alone to your appointment unless you require a translator or care worker. Children may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Our front door will be locked to ensure 2 metre (6 foot) physical distancing inside the office.
- Our phone number will be posted on the door and we ask that you please call when you arrive so that we can welcome you inside.
- You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure risk. We will need to reschedule your appointment if you do not pass the screening put forward by the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness.
- You must wear a mask to your appointment and sanitize your hands at our sanitation station upon entering our office.\
- We have staggered our appointment times; however, if a line forms outside, we have painted markings on the sidewalk to facilitate 2 metre (6 foot) physical distancing.
- It is of the utmost importance that you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. If you are more than 5 minutes late, we will unfortunately need to reschedule your appointment due to physical distancing constraints.
CHANGES TO OUR OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
Throughout the office, you will notice many clear barriers on tables and equipment.
There will be decals on the floor and arrows to indicate direction of flow through the office.
Doctors and team members will be wearing masks and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
We have removed some seating to facilitate 2 metre (6 foot) physical distancing.
All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned regularly and frequently, as per Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness recommendations.
DURING YOUR EYE EXAM
Doctors and assistants will be wearing masks, goggles or face shields.
Please refrain from talking when the doctors are closer than 2 metres examining your eyes.
Please do not touch anything in the exam room, unless otherwise advised.
EYEGLASS FITTINGS, ADJUSTMENTS AND REPAIRS
Eyeglass selections, repairs and adjustments will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Opticians and technicians will be wearing masks, goggles or face shields. There will be clear partitions between you and the optician for fittings.
To help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19, we will be reducing movement in our optical area. You will be assigned to a fitting space, where your optician will be providing highly personalized service to you.
If you wish to schedule an appointment for one of these services, please call our optical team directly at 902-420-1499 ext 242.
ORDERING CONTACT LENSES AND OTHER PRODUCTS
We welcome you to continue to shop on our online store — https://insight-optometry.myshopify.com. We are proud to offer this option, allowing you to order the products you need from the comfort and safety of your home.
Furthermore, you may continue to call the office and place orders by phone.
We will still be offering free shipping of contact lens orders and curb-side pick-up of other items, such as artificial tears, dry eye products and non-prescription sunglasses.
We appreciate your patience as we all work to navigate our new normal.
Be safe. Be kind.